A QUESTION for the esteemed list serve

Fri Oct 5 16:32:49 UTC 2012

A state takeover.

Wiktionary and the OED both say that "nationalisation" means the act of bringing under "state" control, but I understand this to refer to the "nation" meaning of "state," not the "US state" meaning of "state." But it does mean arguing against the dictionary to make your point.

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA