Google Books -- new and improved "features"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Oct 10 18:32:48 UTC 2012

Unless my browser and skill are defective --

GBooks seems to have dramatically altered its interface -- no choices
along the left side, have to go to Advanced Search; no count of
"about N of M" at the top (or on any succeeding Results page).

Searching for "bosman accurate description guinea 1721" (without
quotes), the top result is a 1705 edition.  Selecting that, I seem to
get the book.  But if I then search for some word in the book -- I
wanted "smitten" -- I am told "1 [or N] results" but the text box is
blank!  No page number(s), no text.  Searches for other words I know
are in the book give the same result.  Reported via "Feedback".

What's up, Doc?

Joel