Inexplicable Mistakes

Baker, John JBAKER at STRADLEY.COM
Thu Oct 11 19:27:21 UTC 2012

I began an email to a colleague today, "I think you're write . . . ."  Fortunately, I immediately realized my mistake and changed it to "I think you're right."  Sometimes I make similar mistakes, such as writing "their" when I mean "there."  It seems to happen more often when I'm tired.  But why does it happen at all?  I am under no confusion as to the difference between "write" and "right," or "their" and "there," nor do I have any difficulty in spelling any of these words.

John Baker