fall out (was "From a post to Facebook")

Indigo Som indigo at WELL.COM
Sun Oct 14 17:25:17 UTC 2012

I say & hear "fall out" often enough that I don't think anything of it. I think of generic "fall out" as applying to helpless laughter, but "fall out" can also be applied to other emotionally out of control states, like "fall out in a mess" at a funeral. For me, the lack of control is key to the meaning of the term.

I know I didn't say this growing up. I'm quite sure I picked it up from African American peers, probably sometime in the late 80s/early 90s. fwiw...