Yale Alumni Magazine Column on Quotation Magnets

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Sun Oct 14 22:52:20 UTC 2012

In the Sept./Oct. 2012 issue of the Yale Alumni Magazine, I write in my regular quotation column about Winston Churchill and Benjamin Disraeli as "quotation magnets":

http://www.yalealumnimagazine.com/issues/2012_09/arts_fredshapiro.html

I credit Barry Popik, Garson O'Toole, and Ben Zimmer for information about Winston Churchill attributions, and praise Barry and Garson generally for their respective wonderful websites.  I also focus. in the section on Disraeli, on discussing Stephen Goranson's outstanding discoveries on "lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Fred Shapiro