Orthographic reform as a national priority, an ADS responsibility

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 15 10:24:00 UTC 2012

TZ: <<<Teaching an IPA phonetic system would be the ultimate in educational
bullying. It's not used in USA for phonetics for kids and rightly so, but
neither is any dictionary phonetic system because of special symbols. Not
even for newspapers or govt pubs use IPA or dictionary phonetics.>>>
WB: Newspapers? Newspapers??? We don't need no stinking newspapers!!!
(Treasure of the Sierra Madre.) 1986 was the last century, TZ. We got the
internet now. We got Wikipedia, with full-blown IPA notation; I
particularly appreciate the phonetics for toponyms & personal names.