gypsum/jimson wrapup

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Oct 18 00:22:27 UTC 2012

On Oct 17, 2012, at 8:05 PM, Arnold Zwicky wrote:

> on my blog, with photos:
>
> http://arnoldzwicky.wordpress.com/2012/10/17/gypsum-weed-etc/

Ah, someone else who fell in love with the Alec Guinness character, Gulley Jimson, in "The Horse's Mouth"!  I remember being inspired to read the book after seeing the movie and enjoying it too, but missing the paintings themselves that featured so wonderfully in the movie.  Thanks for the background on Jamestown > Jimson > gypsum.  I didn't know "Jamestown" hiding in there; same sort of loss of transparency as in "bedlam", "maudlin", etc.

LH