How is pho really pronounced?

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 18 22:31:17 UTC 2012

Of the top 5k words in US English there are only 4 with the tradstreeng "pho' in them.  The "count" below is out of 15.4 million words in the database.  Not a biggie.  It shows large predominance for ~foe over other choices.  Words beyond the 5k most popular will have counts of 270 or less instances.

  tradspel
  truespel
   count

  telephone
  ~telufoen
  1749

  phone
  ~foen
  1415

  photographs
  ~foetugrafs
  576

  photograph
  ~foetugraf
  515

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk