Tebowing

Sat Oct 20 18:17:02 UTC 2012

This ADS-L thread about tebowing was initiated in 2011. Here is recent
news (if you missed it):

Tim Tebow prevails in trademarking 'Tebowing'
9:28PM EDT October 19. 2012 -
http://usat.ly/ReitUy
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/10/19/tim-tebow-trademarks-tebowing/1645333/

[Begin excerpt]
Dropping to a knee like Tim Tebow might cost you now.

The New York Jets backup quarterback has officially trademarked
"Tebowing," the move in which he goes down on one knee and holds a
clenched fist against his forehead while praying during games. After
Tebow led the Denver Broncos to a series of fourth-quarter comeback
victories last season, "Tebowing" swept the country - with actor
Robert Downey Jr. even doing it at the Oscars.

New York's Newsday first reported that the trademark was approved last
week after paperwork was filed in April.

Tebow said Friday he wasn't aware the trademark was official.

"I know it was something that was cool for me in the past, but it's
not something I do as Tebowing,' " Tebow said, via ESPNNewYork.com.
"It's something I do that's prayer for me, and then it got hyped up as
Tebowing. So I think (it's) just to control how it's used, as well.
Make sure it's used in the right way."

Tebow, a devout Christian, said his representatives filed on his
behalf not for financial gain, though Tebow said any money he might
make on the move in the future would go to his charity, the Tim Tebow
Foundation.
[End excerpt]