"pleb", the new four-letter word

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 21 08:32:41 UTC 2012

In thefreedictionary.com the entry "pleb" returns the plural "plebs" which is defined and pronounced ~plebz  but  can also be spelled "plebes" and pronounced ~pleebeez

plebs  (plbz)
n. pl. ple·bes (plbz)
1. The common people of ancient Rome: the plebs and the patricians.
2. The common people; the populace.
[Latin plbs; see pel-1 in Indo-European roots.]

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk