repropriate; ague

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 22 22:08:30 UTC 2012

A fellow opposed to gay marriage argued in All Things Considered a few
minutes back that if you're married to somebody of the same sex, "How can
you repropriate?"

I don't know. Frankly, I just don't know.

II

A slightly younger history-professor friend of mine happened to use the
word "og" in a sentence. It seems that Meriwether Lewis frequently suffered
from the "og," which is believed to have been a malaria that he'd
contracted in Florida.

He (my friend, not Lewis) was fairly sure that's how it's pronounced,
though he was open to other suggestions.

JL