"Slacks"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 24 04:07:31 UTC 2012

FWIW, for a *very* long time, perhaps into my forties, men wore pants
or trousers, but only chicks wore slacks or had the word in their
active vocabularies, since only they ever had occasion to use the
word. It's like my thinking fpr a similar period of time that (all)
Americans "look _around_" and "break _aloose_," whereas only users of
dialects of Britspeak 'look _round_' and 'break _loose_'.

Youneverknow.

--
-Wilson
-----