"spaghetti model" (WOTY candidate?)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Oct 26 00:17:32 UTC 2012

No, not for the Italian fashion runways, but for Hurricane Sandy.  I know these models projecting storm courses have been around for awhile, but I can't recall the "spaghetti model" terminology being as ubiquitous on the news stories, without any explanation of what the term refers to, so I guess it's now standard.  (I wonder if there will be an uptick in androgynous names for storms:  Tropical Storm Lee, Hurricane Pat, Typhoon Leslie, etc. etc.)

On a different topic, word in the news (or at least the Times), thanks to a recent lexicobiography:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/25/books/the-story-of-aint-by-david-skinner.html

LH