shuckin' and jivin'

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 26 12:40:13 UTC 2012

My reaction was the same but I decided to keep my mouth shut. (Recall the
claim that Joe Biden was using "code" when he said "malarky.")

I don't care for "unpacking" expressions either. It sounds as if what
you're "unpacking" has a sharply defined, substantive, recognized, and
indisputably objective existence that you're an idiot if you don't accept.

Even "deconstructing" them is less misleading, for sounding more abstract.

JL