filthy

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 26 13:20:39 UTC 2012

1911 _Fort Wayne Sentinel_ (March 14) 8: The pitcher had a mighty wicked
fast ball.
2006  _Baseball America Prospect Handbook_ (Durham, N.C.: Baseball America)
244: His filthy slider sits near 88 mph with good tilt.

(2006 sounds seems influenced by wine-tasting magazines.  I like "sits near
88 mph.")

NewspArch yields only one ex. of "filthy slider," from 2008.

JL