Wait, what? Is it just me?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 4 13:42:04 UTC 2012

I saw the contrast too, but it took me two readings to understand it,
and even then the manner of emphasis seemed inept. The sentence is
defensible logically but not stylistically.  It sounds like it was written
by a freshman, used to simpler structures, who was trying unsuccessfully to
sound like a pro.

JL