Who uses Bing?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 10 15:14:02 UTC 2012

I use it when my Internet Explorer shuts down on me "to prevent
cross-scripting," whatever the hell that means. It happens a lot. Bing
seems not to worry about that stuff, so why should I?

I have two minor complaints: the first is that Bing requires an extra step
(at least for me) to access Google Books. I have to go from Bing to Google
first, then to GB.  But maybe it's just me.

Second is that, again at least for me, Bing won't print as conveniently as
IE. There's no "Print Preview" as such, and I have to go through my "print
dialogue" boxes, again the hell why I don't know. (Note possibly
new construction.)

Otherwise, it's fine.  (Though I don't find the touted topical grouping of
sites or whatever does me much good, because much of what I look for is
incredibly specific.)

JL

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 9:41 AM, David Barnhart <dbarnhart at highlands.com>wrote:

> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       David Barnhart <dbarnhart at HIGHLANDS.COM>
> Subject:      Who uses Bing?

> I've not tried it despite its having been around since 2009.  Does anybody
> use it?  Does anybody like it?
>

> DKB
>

> barnhart at highlands.com

the hell