"The Whole Six Yards" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mon Sep 10 19:42:52 UTC 2012

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

If I had seen the following before the recent discussion, I'd have
simply thought they were mistakes.  Now, I'm not so sure.

[Lafayette GA] _Walker County Messenger_ 25 Apr 1990 p 4A col 4 [Google
News Archive]

"That will be an impossibility until the whole "six-yards" is resolved."

[Florence AL] _TimesDaily_ 26 Apr 1990 p. 8A col 6 [Google News Archive]

" "We had to go the whole six yards on this case," Plott said."

Elaine Dundy _Elvis and Gladys_   Jackson, MS: University Press of
Mississippi, 2004  p. 93 [Google Books]

" "We had them all," says Charlie Boren, "the whole six yards." "
[referring to the many country bands that had appeared on a radio
station]