cringe and aw

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 10 02:23:16 UTC 2013

I saw the phrase "cringe and aw" in a tweet on a TV show this evening.  I
think it was the 7:00pm EDT Colbert repeat, but at least it was around that
time.  I googled the phrase and got seven raw hits with one duplication.
In most cases, aw was set off in some way, parenthesized, in quotes, after
a comma, and it was apparent that the meaning of "aw" was to express some
tender sentiment.  In the tweet I saw earlier, that didn't seem to be the
intent, but given the brevity of tweets it's a little hard to judge.

Herb