ety of "damascus" steel

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Apr 19 11:21:22 UTC 2013

At 4/18/2013 09:56 PM, Victor Steinbok wrote:
>"Teardrops" might be a touch heavy-handed.
>
>http://goo.gl/qQ72P

Definitely teardrop-shaped in the image
above.  Not seen in the one below, but I suspect
one has to hold the blade at a particular angle to eye and light.

What was the word for "water-mark" in Damascus?

(Also see below.)

And W. Brewer wrote:
>Hence Damascus steel would involve <a sword from Water Town> ??? ;^)

Beat your swords into water-wheels?

Right now, however, in Watertown not swords but
explosives, handguns, assault weapons, and SWAT
teams.  The "epicenter" is less than 5 miles from
my home.  About 1 mile from a close friend in
Belmont, who received a reverse 911 call around
5:30 this morning, telling her to stay inside.

Joel