"Joker"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Apr 26 01:15:01 UTC 2013

On Apr 25, 2013, at 7:27 PM, Joel S. Berson wrote:

> At 4/25/2013 04:22 PM, W Brewer wrote:
>> It would not be unreasonable to speculate that some parents want their sons
>> to live up to the ideals of Mohammed, Moses, or Grover Cleveland.
>
> Or Roosevelt.  Two professional football players born in 1932 that I
> know of.

And I suspect the same two I used to cheer for--Rosey Brown on the N. Y. Giants' offensive line, Rosey Grier on their defensive line before he joined the L. A. Rams to be part of their Fearsome Foursome and took time out to wrestle Sirhan x 2 to the floor of the Ambassador Hotel a bit too late on that awful day, if memory serves.

LH