Spoonerisms in a book of children's poems

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Apr 26 15:15:45 UTC 2013

Thanks for the pointer to "Runny Babbit".  It's hilarious, and fun to
read aloud.  At times, a switched word even makes some sense in
context.  Runny Babbit didn't want "kugs and hisses" from Polly
Dorkupine.  Runny's family included "A dummy and a mad."  When he got
dirty making mud pies, "His wamma mashed him with the clothes and
hung him out to dry." And:

Runny Bakes a Tath.

Runny had to bake a tath
Before they'd sive him gupper.