KamelBuchstaben

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Fri Aug 9 14:28:55 UTC 2013

Has anyone mentioned the term "intercapitation" for what's been called
CamelCase? That's the term that's been used in our household. It would
also cover things like iMac. However, can't find it in W3, OED3,
Wordnik, GoogleBooks, or Google. There is one hit in GB, but it's a
document from the college where both my husband & I work, so I suspect
that that's due to us. Perhaps the correct form of the term is
"intercapitalization": I did turn up some hits for that:

http://rbbadger.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/intercapitalization/

As for "unicase", I like it, but we have to add the modifiers "minuscule
unicase" and "majuscule unicase" to distinguish between what's been
called zwicky case AND SHOUTING, both of which are "unicases."

---Amy West