The phonic frequency of typical text/speech?

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 12 14:52:42 UTC 2013

Phonics shows how sounds are spelled in English spelling.  Often a sound can be spelled in many ways, which phonics shows.
Because truespel phonetics uses only letters, I can use spreadsheets to analyze sound (phoneme) frequency.  The analysis I present here is phonetic as it involves the 40 sounds of US English, but it also shows phonics application.
I used a word frequency database that counted how often words appear in text, like newspapers, magazines etc.  (The database counted 15.4 million instances of the top 5k words.)  These words were broken into phonemes, which are then counted.  This is a unique analysis because it shows the frequency of sounds as actually encountered in text.  And if text is typical of speech, then of speech as well.  .
The results are at http://justpaste.it/j1v

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk