Past, now, future

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 29 18:03:06 UTC 2013

Crain's New York Business, in an e-mail summarizing their "Morning 10"
stories, said the following:

4. Vodafone, Verizon in talks about sell-off
In what would be one of the biggest business deals of the past decade,
British telecommunications firm Vodafone confirmed Thursday that it's in
talks with Verizon Communications to sell its 45% stake in the firms'
Verizon Wireless joint venture.

My question: how can a future deal be one of the biggest deals of the past
decade? Only past deals can be in the past decade...

I am not sure of an easy fix -- 'last decade'? 'in ten years'?
DanG