Social Promotion in schools

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 4 10:05:08 UTC 2013

I should clarify--I did not mean to imply that the phrase was not in use
earlier (clearly, it's been in circulation for close to 50 years by
then), but that there must have been a vector that cause the usage to
explode, because it became quite common in that period. Since it was a
big topic of discussion at HGSE, it must have been a fairly new debate,
although I can't tell you what caused it specifically.

     VS-)