not QOTY but borders on nonapology apology

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 5 21:14:06 UTC 2013

I don't want to be arguing the finer (or less fine) points of football,
but his "biggest error" was being on the field, not the perception of
being on the field. Yes, he's admitting the responsibility, but it's not
clear if it's for the act that everyone thought he committed, for just
being on the field or for perception of impropriety. It's clear that
he's been adamant that he was not trying to interfere with the play. The
NFL seems to think otherwise.

Given the Jason Kidd episode only a couple of days earlier, this is not
surprising. I know, different sport, but the same issue. Kidd was a bit
more forthcoming, "I shouldn't have spilled that soda." Although he also
failed to acknowledge intent.

     VS-)