Google voice recognition goofs amazingly

Geoffrey Steven Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Tue Dec 10 03:26:20 UTC 2013

I normally don't report on this kind of thing, but I have to share this with ADS.

I was looking for some of the words in 'In Flanders Fields' and tried to get my iPhone to look for

'Take up the battle with the foe'.

Since I have fat fingers I've been more and more asking Siri or the Google voice recognition system to do voice input. I may have been cured of that option, however, because Google took the above phrase and returned:

Opera baffle with the faux

Several minutes later my wife and I were able to breathe again...

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT
and Professor, Linguistics Program
http://blogs.wayne.edu/proftech/
+1 (313) 577-1259 (C&IT)

Nobody at Wayne State will EVER ask you for your password. Never send it to anyone in an email, no matter how authentic the email looks.