affluenza - screwing the pooch

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 18 02:06:09 UTC 2013

HDAS has US "fuck the dog" - in DAD's sense only.

"Screw the pooch" was new to me when I read it in Tom Wolfe's _The Right
Stuff_, still the earliest ex. in the HDAS vault.

Nor do I recall any other "retrospective" cites attributing the phrase to
the '60s, as does Wolfe.

JL