FW: Modern War Words???

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 18 20:26:55 UTC 2013

I'm pretty sure Combat Tourist, Hero, Smoke and Shitbag are quite old
(smoke, for sure, and it's also old gang slang). That is, I've heard
them before 2002. Some (hero) came from period films (including sci-fi,
not just military docudramas). Others are documented more directly. Old
military might be a better source on this than a fly-by-night observer
like me.

     VS-)