the new "euphemism"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 22 16:03:37 UTC 2013

As long as we're at it, CNN has just labeled the young people who won't
sign up for Obamacare as "The Young Invincibles."

What they mean is "The Young Invulnerables."

Though the words are not "euphemisms" for each other, this isn't quite as
bad as some of the others.  But saying the syllables "vulnerable" might
suggest, preconciously, that maybe America's youth really is a bunch of
wusses.  Which would be un-American.

JL