Plural adjective to avoid unintended meaning

Galen Buttitta satorarepotenetoperarotas3 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 24 22:41:26 UTC 2013

I wonder what implications this has for morphological theory. In my Morphology class two semesters ago we talked of genitive phrases (e.g., "boat dock") as a compound word, in which the first element is typically a singular. (Examples like "glasses case" are still singular because "glasses" is thought of as singular.) But then there are counterexamples such as "numbers runner", "numbers station", and now "extras casting".

Sent from my iPhone