Slogan: When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have them. (December 21 1967)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Feb 5 01:53:01 UTC 2013

Does anyone remember other take-offs on this?  Barry's site mentions this one--

IF MARRIAGE IS OUTLAWED, ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE INLAWS

But I seem to recall other bumper stickers from way back.  The concept is natural enough, mocking the standard wisdom by extending its logic into a reductio, e.g. "If/When car theft (murder, etc.) is outlawed, only outlaws will steal cars (murder, etc.)"  But I can't remember which ones I've actually seen.

LH