racist euphemism of the day

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 5 02:42:23 UTC 2013

>   Of course, it can't be racist because this tea-party/AFP activist wants
to help the poor ethnically-challenged families.

Not as absurd as you may think. "Ethnically-challenged" might be a
quasi-humorous euphemism for "of inferior ehnicity"; but the doesn't the
context suggest that it really means "of an ethnicity that faces unusual
(and unjustifed) social challenges"?

Of course, it's stupid either way. But not necessarily racist.

JL