mock-up

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 5 17:11:26 UTC 2013

Mock-ups, in my experience, are (usually smaller and non-functioning, or
not fully functional) complete models of machines like airplanes that don't
exist *yet.* An airplane mock-up, for example, is (or used to be) useful
for wind-tunnel tests.

The novelty with Tricky Dick is that he was a person, not a thing; he *did*
exist once; and the model is only of his head, not the whole person.

So that's strike three in the  inappropriateness game.

JL