"He BE working. He just don't STAY working."

Thu Feb 7 22:15:20 UTC 2013

On Feb 7, 2013, at 12:57 PM, Wilson Gray <hwgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Benjamin Barrett <gogaku at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>> This looks normal to me
>
> To me, too. I don't need a W:pedia cite to persuade me of that. What's
> your point? That black speech is now non-distinct from standard
> speech? That's not so.

My point is that I didn't think there was anything unusual about it, so I was wondering why it was posted and had two words capitalized as though something were unusual. (I'm glad to know my judgment was correct.)

FWIW, I would love to have a BE word-of-the-day in my mailbox as I get about zero input per year, but if I don't know whether something is normal or deviant, I won't know how to file it in my brain.

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA