OT: The great snow of 2013

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Feb 10 20:57:10 UTC 2013

News- and weather-casters on WCVB-TV (Channel 5) Boston were stumped
yesterday for a good name.  There was slight favor for "Anniversary
Storm", since it began the day after the end of the "Northeastern
United States blizzard of 1978."

Re the Weather Channel -- perhaps, since this snowstorm had
noticeable similarities to a hurricane, it can be given the next
alphabetic name of the current, but expired, season, or the first
name of the next, but not yet commenced, season.

Or we can do what New Englanders did for the legendary snows (more
than one storm) of 1717 -- which was (were?) simply called "The Great Snow".

Joel