infamous = 'talked-about; popular'

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Feb 20 17:57:45 UTC 2013

And yet another infamous golf round, according to the implication of a HuffPost headline today:
Obama Golfed With Oil Men As Climate Protesters Descended On White House
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/20/obama-climate-protest_n_2719338.html

I read one of the comments in response to this piece as proposing an interesting new sports metaphor that I couldn't quite work out:

========
Obama is merely a brand that American people have vicariously bought. The off ice of the presidency, after Kennedy (and perhaps the exception of carter) has become merely a resume builder.
========

But on closer examination the "off ice of the presidency" was not a hockey-inspired allusion to Obama's "on ice" vs. "off ice" activities, but a mere typo.  Unless there really are no mistakes.

LH