infamous = 'talked-about; popular'

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 20 22:12:07 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 6:58 AM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The only meaning I can extract is "well-reported, esp. if diverting."

You're a better extractor than I, Gunga-Jon. I couldn't make any sense
of it at all. But I only saw "infamous round of golf" quoted somewhere
on line. I didn't hear it or read the accompanying article and my own
reading,

"round of golf with the infamous Tiger Woods,"

wherein "infamous" has its usual meaning, seemed very unlikely, in context.

--
-Wilson
-----