Antedating of "MILF"

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Sun Feb 24 19:24:24 UTC 2013

As Ben explained in his post on the topic:

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0705A&L=ADS-L&P=R880

The band member said that they named the band after the acronym, which
was new to them when they first heard it. Note also that in that post
Ben also provides a hard 1992 quotation for the band name.

My standards for _The F-Word_ aren't the same as those of the OED, so my
acceptance of something in the former doesn't mean that similar
standards would be accepted by OED bibliographers. I hope that they'll
accept the 1992 date in the 1995 paper that Garson found, but I'm not
sure.

Jesse Sheidlower