New taboo term

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 25 17:46:38 UTC 2013

CNN has been reporting on the Oscars for many hours now, and I've not once
heard them use the offensive, banned, obsolete phrase "Academy Awards."

Too many syllables to remember and then, later, enunciate.  "Academy,"
moreover, implies elitism and "award" means you're beholden to somebody to
get one. You can't just take it for yourself like a real American.

Never say again. Bad.

http://movies.msn.com/academy-awards/its-just-the-oscars/story/

JL