Antedating of "MILF"

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 25 17:46:04 UTC 2013

This is actually interesting because the description shows that it
either misses the point of the expression or that the meaning has evolved.

In the stated form, it's used in American Pie (Stiffler's Mom). It
applies when a male is speaking about an older women, perhaps a mother
of a friend (think, The Graduate). This certainly exists on its own
(this was an important part of Sons of Anarchy plot in an early season).
But if you look at tabloids, particularly their on-line equivalents
(TMZ, etc.), the expression actually applies to mothers of any age,
including teen-mom celebrities. I am also wondering if "condescension"
is quite the right word to describe the attitude. Objectification?
Corseness?

     VS-)