Antedating of "Racism"

Dan Nussbaum yekkey at AOL.COM
Thu Feb 28 03:44:15 UTC 2013

What does one call people who are prejudiced against others because of the language they speak? Linguists?

Daniel Nussbaum II, MD, FAAP
Retired Developmental Pediatrician
Rochester, New York

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesse Sheidlower <jester at PANIX.COM>
To: ADS-L <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Sent: Wed, Feb 27, 2013 6:39 pm
Subject: Re: Antedating of "Racism"

ender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
oster:       Jesse Sheidlower <jester at PANIX.COM>
ubject:      Re: Antedating of "Racism"
Thanks for forwarding this terrific find, Fred. I used to monitor a.u.e.
ore regularly, or at least ego-surf (Kirshenbaum and others sometimes
rop my name when posting antedatings, so that I could search for it to
ind them), but I've been less rigorous about this recently because the
nterface is so annoying.
Jesse Sheidlower
ED