"Fire that began on stove destroys Swampscott house"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Jan 4 18:38:03 UTC 2013

 From the Boston Globe Jan. 4,

"In a written statement, State Fire Marshal Stephen Coan and
Swampscott Fire Chief Kevin F. Breen said that while the
investigative team identified where the blaze started, it could not
be determined whether one of the occupants accidentally left the
stove on or the family's dog turned it on while "counter surfing" as
this dog was known to do, the statement said. The dog died in the fire."

Will the owners' insurance company refuse to pay a claim on the
grounds that this was an "Act of Dog"?

(Thought of by a friend.)

The American Dialect Society - http://www.americandialect.org

More information about the Ads-l mailing list