HELP! I accidentally found a word fossil!

Nathaniel Sharpe nts at BETHLEHEMBOOKS.COM
Fri Jan 4 23:05:54 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

A few months ago I discovered one of my ancestors being called a naughty
name in an old newspaper Black List. Wanting to know more about this
common epithet I looked up its history and learned that the earliest OED
reference was from 12 years after my forefather was so unjustly slandered!
Since then I've used my experience as a genealogist to uncover quite a
few early instances of this much-wondered-about word. The evidence I've
found sheds new light on probable origins, as well as refuting other
popular theories.
But where do I go from here? I would love to share what I've found but
would like to do so in the most effective manner, and to the right
audience. Should I sum up my discoveries in an article and try to submit
it to a magazine? Should I self-publish on a blog? Should I share it on
this list?
I know these are all rather subjective questions, but as I am a n00b is
this field I thought I would make an appeal to your collective wisdom.

Let me know what you think,

Nat