Negrophobia: pswaydo-interdating

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 6 03:40:03 UTC 2013

OED:
1941   W. J. Cash Mind of South iii. ii. 248   The whole tradition of
extravagance, of sectionalism and _Negrophobia_ in Southern politics
had come to its ordained flower.
1983   D. Ravitch Troubled Crusade iv. 131   In the states of the Deep
South..fears of black domination were more intense, and.._Negrophobia_
prevailed.
-------

1944  A nameless character in the movie, "The Whistler," is reading
the apparently-fictional tome, "Studies in _Negrophobia_."

Had I not been caught so off guard, I could have supplied the "author"
and the "publisher," since the spine with the title, the cover with
the title, the title-page with title, author, and publisher, and the
pages being read are all prominently, but briefly, displayed, for
about a second each. It definitely looked like a real book,. But
cursory googling found no hits.

--
-Wilson
-----