"Adult Swim"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 7 08:18:09 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Boogie" was the only mucus-related term my grandmother used.

"Booger" is the only term for that that I know. It also occurs in the
name of the child-frightener, the "booger-man." It's even used on
expressions like, "Damn, man! You's a *big* booger!" = "… larger than
the average person." "Boogie" is only a musical term.

As for "doobie" and "doober," they're both just literary terms to me.
The Doobie Brothers had long since come and gone, years before I found
out that "doobie" wasn't just random noise, like the _foo_ in
"Foo-Fighters," but actually had a meaning. Unless "foo" also has a
meaning.

Youneverknow.

There's an Adult Swim sketch in which Mr. T wants to join to join the
band in its fight against what he supposedly hears as "fool." That
would never happen, of course , because it was the "fool" [fu:l] and
not the "foo" [fu] that was a problem for the brother.

--
-Wilson
-----