Antedating of "Menopause"

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Mon Jan 14 13:35:39 UTC 2013

I infer it to refer to vaginal discharge.

---Amy West

(Who ended up missing the ADS conference because she ended up in the
g*dd*mn hospital and had emergency surgery that Thurs and Friday, and
now has learned the term "medical menopause," and is further embittered
that she is restricted from vintage dance, snowshoeing, skiing, and
skating until the middle of Feb. Her next shot at attending the
conference isn't until 2016 when it's in DC and she can combine it with
a visit to her demented father. Yippee.)