Anthony Bourdain Quote

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Jan 15 00:30:34 UTC 2013

At 1/14/2013 06:04 PM, Jonathan Lighter wrote:
>Bourdain is in a current TV promo intoning, "Someone once said, 'Don't tell
>me what a man knows; tell me where he's been.'"  He goes on to say how much
>he enjoys sharing a pipe with a shaman.
>
>Anyway, I can't find any evidence that anyone other than Bourdain himself
>ever made that sententious and not very persuasive claim (what if you've
>been everywhere and you're still a fool?).

There are also the motherly saying "Don't touch that; | put that in
your mouth, you don't know where it's been" and some filthily obscene
joke that I am unable to recall one word of.  Thus one doesn't want to be told.

Or perhaps it does mean it is more important to know where a man has
been than what he has learned on the way.

Joel