in press

Joan H. Hall jdhall at WISC.EDU
Tue Jan 15 16:56:48 UTC 2013

Larry Horn wrote:

"As far as I know, this is the standard term for a book at the point
when it's in the publisher's hands (after the galleys have been
submitted in final form) and it hasn't yet appeared in print.  It is so
cited in bibliographies, e.g.

Hall, Joan Houston et al., eds.  In press.  Dictionary of American
Regional English, Vol. VI. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press."

Wonderful hypothetical example, and I am thrilled to say that Volume VI
is no longer "in press," but has been published (by Harvard University
Press). It's available in bookstores, online, and--with a 20% discount
coupon--from the press. The coupon is on the last page of the most
recent DARE Newsletter, at
http://www.dare.wisc.edu/sites/dare.wisc.edu/files/DARENEWS15_4.pdf